Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Suave on a Skateboard? Not So Much.

Today when I was on my way to class I happened to overhear an interesting conversation:

This girl was telling her friend the story of how she and another of her female friends were walking to class and a guy on a skateboard rode up in between the two and said "well hello ladies," with a smug grin on his face.  After making this awkward declaration, the guy attempted to push off the ground and smoothly ride away.  But, apparently he caught his foot on the other which led him to flip over on his back onto the hard sidewalk, with his skateboard flying 30 ft in the other direction.


This a perfect example of front stage performance.  This random guy attempted to look cool in front of total strangers by putting on a suave act, which unfortunately for him miserably failed.


From what I heard, after falling flat onto the ground he quickly got up and exclaimed "I...I have to go find my skateboard" and ran off in that direction.  This is face-saving work at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment